Ever wonder how companies like Zappos get started? And why some startups are successful when most fail? From the very start, smart entrepreneurs reduce uncertainty and make educated decisions through a process of focused and iterative “de-risking.” Learn how to apply these techniques on your idea.
- The 5 most common mistakes business people, technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs make when first starting and how to avoid them.
- How to to identify critical assumptions that can kill your idea.
- When to start speaking with target customers. (Hint: it’s sooner than you think).
- The top 4 unexpected reasons ideas and companies fail
- 5 great experiments you can use to de-risk your biggest assumptions.
- 7 critical questions to ask early during meetings.
- 3 things you never want to say to or ask an investor.
- How getting capital investment is different than applying for a grant and how to be successful.
Tags: executive, management
Location: Salon E
April 11th, 2016
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM